Last week we discussed some general tips to keep you progressing along nicely towards your goal of competing. If you missed the Facebook Live, you’re in luck because I’m sitting here typing up the cliff notes for you.
Before we dive in–let’s talk about the number one most important thing for all Bikini Competitors: DIET. This is the meal plan that I use before competitions to shred fat fast:
Read on my fierce future competitors:
- Tell a few people that will hold you accountable and or start a separate social media account to share your fitness aspirations and inspirations so that your friends and family don’t have to hear about your competition tan or new Brazilian cut bikini!
- Make it a point to attend a competition and chat with the competitors, vendors and judges. This can be a great way to find a coach or find the perfect bikini designer. Who knows? you may even meet some future sponsors!
- Create a realistic timeline- which will be different for EVERYONE! For some, it may be MONTHS while for others up to a YEAR. Find a competition and reverse engineer your timeline.
- Register for your competition as soon as you can to cement the commitment. Print out the show flyer and put it where you will see it often to stay motivated!
- Document your progress!
- Photos weekly
- Average weekly weight
- Monthly measurements
- Body fat calculations
- Weights and Programming
- Nutrition & Water
- BUY THE SHOES! Start practicing your posing like yesterday. “Ellie” or “Fabulicious” Clear 5″ heels on amazon. I am an 8.5-9 and I downsize to an 8.
- Definitely invest in posing coach if you do not already have one. You are investing a ton of time, energy and money on bringing your best physique- you need to know how to showcase it properly! Once guided by a posing coach- PRACTICE OFTEN! Envision being onstage, walking, smiling, confident and poise–Really owning it!
- You are in the best shape of your life, you may want to consider booking a photography session a few days after your competition.
- Choose your competitions carefully and strategically. Look at the past competitors in the divisions/classes you are considering and really KNOW how that will feel. Were there only a few last year? Maybe it will remain smaller but be prepared to bring your A game either way. If you so desire, you can plan out smaller shows as a rookie and larger ones as your confidence grows.
If you still need help, be sure to purchase my 3 Week Jumpstart to Fatloss Meal Plan HERE. This is the meal plan I use to SHRED before competitions and WIN! And if you need a coach or help with posing, visit my services page to learn more about both options!